Nintendo’s brand new console is a bit of a unique one in its field. The Nintendo Switch is a hybrid system, designed to be equally a home console and a handheld one and it balances that quite magnificently. Here, we’ll take a look at the best Nintendo Switch deals available right now and the best bundles on offer.
If you do decide to pick up a Nintendo Switch console you’re probably going to want to get a couple of extras to go along with your purchase. First, you’ll want to pick up a carry case, which you can find in our guide to the best Nintendo Switch accessories. Next, you may want to grab yourself a Switch screen protector, which we have a guide for as well. Finally, sooner or later, you’re going to want to pick up a Micro SD card for Nintendo Switch. Got all that? Then check out some of the best Nintendo Switch games on offer. With all that taken care of, Let’s get to the console deals.
For more console deals:
The Nintendo Switch isn’t quite like any console on the market right now and, indeed, unlike almost any console released to this day. It’s a hybrid system that lets players enjoy games on a big TV screen at a full 1080p resolution and then, whenever needed, the console can be undocked and played handheld wherever it may be needed – whether that’s in another room or another country. Return home to your Switch dock and all you’ll need to do is slip the Switch back into its dock and the image will appear back on the TV within seconds.
The Nintendo Switch was officially unveiled a mere six months before the system hit store shelves in March 2017 and went on to become Nintendo’s fastest selling console to date, shipping just shy of three million units by the end of its first month on sale. That’s thanks in no small part to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild being a Nintendo Switch launch title, especially since that game actually managed to sell slightly more Switch copies than Nintendo sold Switch consoles that month.
The Switch is comprised of the tablet-like system itself, along with a pair of Joy-Con controllers for left and right hands, which detach from the console and can slide into separate holders. Inside the box, you’ll also get the dock, which cradles the Switch console and enables the picture to be transferred to a TV or monitor, as well as the power supply and USB-C cable to make it all come together. As previously mentioned, storage can be added using Micro SD and SDXC cards, although the system does come loaded with 32GB of storage by default.
Right, without further hesitation, let’s take a look at the best Nintendo Switch deals available right now.
Best UK Nintendo Switch Deals – Updated 21/08/2017
- Using Tesco’s current £20 off voucher, you can get yourself a Nintendo Switch Neon edition for £259.99 for a limited time. Enter code TDX-WFTW at checkout.
- Argos is offering the Neon Nintendo Switch with a copy of Splatoon 2 for £319.99 at the moment, arguably the best deal you’re going to get for a while.
- Amazon UK narrowly comes in as the winner when it comes to the cheapest way to get a Nintendo Switch console right now. The Neon and Grey versions are both available to order for £279 right now. That is, when the stock is around.
- Matching that price, of course, is Tesco Direct. Both the Grey and Neon versions are available there for £279, with Click and Collect as an extra delivery option, if you fancy it.
Best US Nintendo Switch Deals – Updated 21/08/2017
- Nintendo Switch console deals are thin on the ground right now, as the stock is still flying off the shelves as quickly as it can arrive. That being said, your best bet is still to keep an eye on Amazon US’s stock levels and place an order for a Gray or Neon console when you can grab them for $299.99.
We’ll be updating this list of the latest and greatest Nintendo Switch deals each week and as often as we can in between so be sure to bookmark this page and check back often.