Looking to get yourself a sweet deal on Nintendo Switch this Black Friday? We’ve got your covered! Let us guide you in your quest for a cut-price Nintendo Switch this Black Friday. If you’re looking for other deals, check out our Black Friday round-up.
How to get a deal on a Nintendo Switch this Black Friday
Unlike it’s somewhat ill-fated predecessor the Nintendo Wii-U, Nintendo’s premium hybrid console has been a huge success — selling upwards of five million units since it’s release earlier in the year. The price of the Nintendo Switch has remained more or less fixed across all markets, coming in at just under or over the £200 mark across retailers. It’s selling well, and is still in its first iteration, so the odds of massive savings on the console itself are low. However, we reckon there’ll be some cracking Nintendo Switch bundle deals coming up, along with price drops on accessorises and games. We will be ever-present and reporting from our specialist Black Friday Shuttle (it lodges us in a dark place between Time, Space and Deals for maximum impact) on what’s out there. Now we’ve prepped you, here are the best online Nintendo Switch deals for the UK and US.
In the UK:
- Nintendo Switch (Neon) with Super Mario Odyssey (Live at 3 pm GMT) for £279.99
- Nintendo Switch (Neon) with Mario + Rabbids for £279.99 (Amazon)
- Nintendo Switch (Neon) with Mario + Rabbids for £279.99 (GAME)
- Nintendo Switch (Neon) with Rayman Legends Definitive for £289.99
- BEST VALUE NINTENDO SWITCH BUNDLE (£309 at Smyths) : Grab a neon Nintendo Switch and pick from FIFA 18, Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda, Arms, Splatoon 2, Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battles, and Minecraft for only £309 over at Smyths Toys.
- BEST VALUE SD CARD FOR NINTENDO SWITCH (£29.99 at PicStop) : Save a whoppin’ 63% on this SanDisk Ultra Micro SDXC memory card, which has a transfer speed of up to 80mb/s. Perfect for cameras, phones and the Nintendo Switch, let your downloading run free and unfettered.
- BEST VALUE CARRY CASE FOR NINTENDO SWITCH (£16.99 at Argos) : Carry your Nintendo Switch around in safety and style with this official Nintendo Switch messenger bag, currently £8 off at Argos , and the lowest it’s been since release. A 2-1 design packs every part of the machine away neatly and well secured, with plenty of space for cables and other peripherals.
- BEST VALUE CHARGING DOCK NINTENDO SWITCH (£19.99 at Argos) Charge up to four Nintendo Switch joy-con controllers simultaneously with this officially licensed Nintendo Switch charging dock, which you can save a neat £10 on at Argos currently in the run-up to Black Friday.
- Nintendo Switch Mario bundle with Mario Odyssesy and red coloured Switch for £329
In the US:
- Nintendo Switch console for $299.99
- Nintendo Switch (Gray) with Super Mario Odyssey for $359.99
- Nintendo Switch (Neon) with Sonic Forces for $339.99
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for $44.99
- Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers for $34.29
How to get the best deals for Black Friday 2017
Preparation is key. First things first, decide what you want. Retailers are prone to artificially inflating prices to make the deals look more compelling (sneaky, we know), and as the biggest and best deals tend to evaporate the fastest both online and offline, you’ll want to be ready to go the moment you see one. Much like Pokémon, the rarest and most lovely of offers pop up infrequently, and are being hunted by a multitude of other blood-thirsty trainers. Especially if you’re vying for big name brands like Apple, Samsung or Google, there’ll be other people interested, guaranteed. So get an idea of what you want, how much it costs normally (check prices before the November run-up), and what you’re willing to pay for it.
Price match to get the best deals on a Nintendo Switch
With regards to ensuring you’re getting a deal and not being tricked, websites like CamelCamelCamel will show you Amazon prices for both the UK and US over a time period, ensuring that that price drop is actually a discount, and not an artificial inflation in order to boost sales. A brief Google Shopping search can give you a rough idea of what the average price of your decided item is. Don’t be duped by lurid discount stickers, look at the actual price of an item and whether that discount relates to its normal (ie. pre Black Friday) RRP.
Be quick when you see what you want
The biggest mistake you can make is assuming that a deal will last all day. We can tell you now, the good ones don’t. Hot deals materialise and disappear in the blink of an eye. We’re talking hours, if not literal seconds, with Black Friday discounts. If you see a good price on a popular item, nab it before everyone else does. This is how you avoid disappointment.
Additionally, you’ll want your items with free delivery, particularly if you’re looking to buy those big ticket goodies. Mega online retailer Amazon’s Prime delivery service will give you free, fast delivery, as well as unique Prime discounts, which may slash even more off the price of your chosen product. If you’ve not used it before, the 30 day free trial could literally save you hundreds in delivery. You can even order tons of items to arrive on the same day. Additionally, you’ll get stuff super-fast, with same day delivery optional on many items, meaning you’ll enjoy your hard won haul all the sooner.
Ensure you get a warranty on the big ticket items
Lastly, keep an eye on the fine print. Smaller retailers may provide some of the biggest discounts, but going for the cheapest deal isn’t necessarily the best idea sometimes, particularly with electrical items. You’ll want a decent warranty, and often the more well known retailers like John Lewis and Tesco will have the best product warranties. If a five year warranty puts you out £20 on the purchase of an item, go for the warranty. You want your extremely fancy and expensive items covered, because you don’t need us to tell you things break, like, all the time Now we’ve cleared that up, let’s go forth into the deals.