If you’re looking to get yourself some cut price Nintendo Switch goodness this Black Friday, then look no further. We’re on the hunt for the biggest and best Nintendo Switch offers and discounts from retailers across the internet. If you want more, don’t forget to check out our Black Friday round-up.
How to get a deal on a Nintendo Switch this Black Friday
The Nintendo Switch has continued to excel in 2018, to the point where many a game announcement is usually preceded with cries of “When is it coming to Switch?”. With games like Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu/Let’s Go Eevee, Super Smash Bros Ultimate and an Animal Crossing on the horizon, the console’s popularity shows no sign of slowing down – heck, we’re still a week away and we’ve already seen a solid Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee bundle from Amazon UK and we expect more excellent Nintendo Switch bundle deals coming up, along with price drops on accessories and games. We’ll be here diligently going through the Black Friday period and beyond the bring you the best Nintendo Switch bargains we can find. Now we’ve prepped you, here are the best online Nintendo Switch deals on games, accessories and consoles for the UK and US:
In the UK:
- Nintendo Switch Console with Just Dance 2019 and your choice of Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu, Pokemon Let’s Go Eevee, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or Super Mario Party – £299.99 from Amazon UK
- Nintendo Switch Console with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – £299.99 from Currys PC World – if they drop the price further on Black Friday, they will refund the difference.
- Nintendo Switch Console with Lego DC Super Villains – £299.99 from GAME
- Nintendo Switch Console with Grey JoyCon – £259.99 from Zavvi
- Nintendo Switch Neon bundle with one game from choice of FIFA 19, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Party, Mario Tennis Aces, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or Splatoon 2 – £309.99 from Smyths Toys
- Nintendo Switch Super Smash Bros Ultimate Console with Super Smash Bros Ultimate – £319.99 from Amazon UK
In the US:
- Nintendo Switch Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundle – $299.99 from Target
- Nintendo Switch Neon with 64GB Sandisk microSDXC memory card and $20 Nintendo eShop Gift Card bundle – $336.99 from Amazon US
- Nintendo Switch Super Smash Bros Ultimate Console with Super Smash Bros Ultimate – $359.99 from Target
How to get the best deals for Black Friday 2018
Be prepared. First off, decide what you want. Retailers are known to artificially inflate their prices to make the deals look more compelling (sneaky, we know), and as the biggest and best deals tend to disappear the quickest both online and offline, you’ll want to be ready to go the moment you see one. The rarest and most lovely of deals pop up infrequently, and are being hunted by a multitude of other blood-thirsty bargain hunters. Especially if you’re vying for the big games like the Nintendo first party titles, there’ll be other people interested, guaranteed. So get an idea of what you want, how much it costs normally (check prices before the November run-up), and what you’re willing to pay for it.
Price match to get the best deals on a Nintendo Switch
With regards to ensuring you’re getting a deal and not being tricked, websites like CamelCamelCamel will show you Amazon prices for both the UK and US over a time period, ensuring that that price drop is actually a discount, and not an artificial inflation in order to boost sales. A brief Google Shopping search can give you a rough idea of what the average price of your decided item is. Don’t be duped by lurid discount stickers, look at the actual price of an item and whether that discount relates to its normal (ie. pre Black Friday) RRP.
Be quick when you see what you want
The biggest mistake you can make is assuming that a deal will last all day. We can tell you now, the good ones don’t. Hot deals materialise and disappear in the blink of an eye. We’re talking hours, if not literal seconds, with Black Friday discounts. If you see a good price on a popular item, nab it before everyone else does. This is how you avoid disappointment.
Additionally, you’ll want your items with free delivery, particularly if you’re looking to buy those big ticket goodies. Mega online retailer Amazon’s Prime delivery service will give you free, fast delivery, as well as unique Prime discounts, which may slash even more off the price of your chosen product. If you’ve not used it before, the 30 day free trial could literally save you hundreds in delivery. You can even order tons of items to arrive on the same day. Additionally, you’ll get stuff super-fast, with same day delivery optional on many items, meaning you’ll enjoy your hard won haul all the sooner.
Ensure you get a warranty on the big ticket items
Lastly, keep an eye on the fine print. Smaller retailers may provide some of the biggest discounts, but going for the cheapest deal isn’t necessarily the best idea sometimes, particularly with electrical items. You’ll want a decent warranty, and often the more well known retailers like John Lewis and Tesco will have the best product warranties. If a five year warranty puts you out £20 on the purchase of an item, go for the warranty. You want your extremely fancy and expensive items covered, because you don’t need us to tell you things break, like, all the time Now we’ve cleared that up, let’s go forth into the deals.