Take the best features of your phone, pop them on your wrist and hey, presto! You have a smartwatch. Bonus being that you can quickly see what the time is. But what makes these devices really convenient are features like mobile payments, fitness tracking, GPS, call making and quick access to applications such as your to-do lists, and email. Whether you're thinking of buying your first smartwatch, looking to upgrade or even as a gift- we've scoured the internet to bring you the best deals on top branded smartwatches, all in time (a-ha) for Black Friday.
Many popular smartwatches are made by familiar technology brands like Apple, Samsung, Huawei and Honor, or fitness and sports technology brands such as FitBit (now owned by Google) and Garmin. Sports and fitness trackers usually have features like waterproofing. You can even get a GPS with specialist features, such as golf courses around the world. Traditional watchmakers including Fossil have also introduced smartwatches to their lineups. These look more like high end watches, with smart features tucked away behind a traditional facade.
It's worth noting that a smartwatch works with a companion app on a mobile phone, so the brand and type of watch you can use will also depend on combatibility with your smartphone.
Time is ticking away fast as we countdown to Black Friday so here are the best smartwatch deals we've found so far
The Apple Watch is the most well known of the top brands, and the latest model is the 7 series. It's unlikely that model will feature in this year's sales but if it does don't worry. No hunting required, we'll bring the offers right here! There are savings already though on the Apple Watch 6 series, mostly around 10 per cent. We expect to see the real bargains this year on the Apple Watch SE and 3 series. The Apple Watch SE might be lower end but it still has the best features of the 6 series. US buyers can save over $100 on a 3 series in the Walmart sale.
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS, 38mm) for £169 at Amazon
- Apple Watch Series 3 (2018 GPS) for £179 at Very
- 2021 Apple Watch SE (GPS, 40mm) for £249 at Amazon
- Apple Watch Series 6 GPS for £279 at Amazon
- Apple Watch Series 6 for £309 at Currys
- Apple Watch Series 6 GPS + Cellular for £379 at Amazon
- Apple Watch Series 3 GPS for $169 at Walmart
- Apple Watch 7 for $200 off 2 at ATT
- Apple Watch SE (GPS, 40mm) for $219 at Amazon
- Apple Watch Series 6 for $349 at Amazon
- Apple Watch Series 7 GPS for $379.99 at Amazon
- Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS + Cellular) for $459 at Amazon
The Samsung Galaxy watch is a very versatlie smartwatch. Nearly all Samsung's range use the Tizen OS, and this can work on both Android and Apple phones. The exception is the Android-based Galaxy Watch4. We'd rate the Watch4 as the best in the range, and it's currently in Samsung's Black Friday sale in the UK for £199.99. US buyers get a better bargain as it's onsale there by Samsung for $199.99.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch4 for £199.99 at Samsung
- Samsung Galaxy Watch4 GPS for £259 at AO
- Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Classic for £274 at Samsung
- Samsung Galaxy Watch3 for $179.99 at Best Buy
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 for $199.99 at Amazon
- Samsung Galaxy Watch4 for $199.99 without tradein at Samsung
Fitbit is possibly the best known smartwatch and fitness tracker brand in the world. It has an exceptionally user friendly app, and is easy to set up with just about any mobile phone. The range is also comprehensive with everything from a basics, budget-friendly model to a fully-featured high-end wearable device. It's not surprising that Fitbit features heavily in all the Black Friday sales.
- Fitbit Inspire 2 for £57.99 at Amazon
- Fitbit Charge 4 for £89.99 at Amazon
- Fitbit Versa 2 with Amazon Alexa for £99 at Amazon
- Fitbit Luxe for £121 at Amazon
- Fitbit Versa 3 for £149 at Amazon
- Fitbit Sense Advanced for £199.99 at Amazon
- FitBit Charge 5 for £139.99 at Amazon
- Fitbit Ace 3 Activity Tracker for Kids for £49.99 at Amazon
- Fitbit Versa 2 for $119.95 at Best Buy
- Fitbit Charge 4 for $139.99 at Amazon
- Fitbit Sense Advanced Smartwatch for $262.43 at Amazon
Best of the rest
Garmin has brought its GPS technology skills to the smartphone market to create some of the best sports watches available. You can still do things you'd do with any smartwatch such as make a call or make mobile payments. But with more fitness sensors, and features such as water proofing. You can get models for golf, endurance sports and for going off grid.
Apple and Samsung aren't the only players in town. Lots of smartphone manufacturers also make smartwatches including Honor and Huawei, and you can grab a bargain with one of these brands. In additional, watch brands have also joined in, producing wearables that look just the same as their traditional timepieces.
- Fossil Hybrid Smartwatch HR for £89 at Fossil
- Honor Band 6 Sandstone Grey for £39.99
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Night 46mm for £109.99 at Huawei
- Garmin Approach S12 for £149.99 at American Golf
- Garmin Approach S42 for £229.99 at American Golf
- Garmin Fenix 6 Pro for £399.99 at Very
- Garmin Forerunner 245 GPS for £199.99 at Currys
- Garmin Forerunner 645 Music GPS Running Watch for £179.99 at Very
- Garmin Venu 2 GPS for £299 at Amazon
- Huawei Watch 3 for £279 at Amazon
- Huawei Watch GT 2e for £64.86 at Amazon
- Huawei Watch GT2 for £109.99 at Very
- Ticwatch for £142.99 at Amazon
- Garmin Instinct for $169.99 at Amazon
- Garmin Venu for $219.99 at Amazon
- Garmin Fenix 6 Pro for $549.99 at Garmin
- Garmin Fenix 6 Pro for $699.99 at Garmin
There are so many huge discounts to be had and more sales are arriving all the time. We'll be updating the deals on this page frequently. But you don't have to wait even that long. You can follow our Jelly Deals Twitter for the fastest deals in town. Don't miss out on that bargain!
And if you're on the lookout for even more tech offers, including new gadgets to hook up to your new smartwatch, we also have guides to help you find the best Black Friday phone deals and the best Black Friday headphones deals.